This Week's Foci: Movement
Interactions with Materials
- She continued to practice the release movement. Her Daddy taught her to bounce a tennis ball. She loved doing it and then tried to bounce lots of things- a wooden teething ring, a walnut, and blocks. Those things don't work quite as well.
- She became more patient with books- sitting through an entire book and then asking for more!
- Favorite materials: walking wagon, books, pink hippo squeak toy, blocks from her Daddy, and tennis ball
Interactions with Others
- She really felt comfortable today at swimming lessons- happily moving from Mama to the coach to get a chance to go down the slide.
- She loves waving at other little people that we pass and the occasional grown-up.
- She has continued to love to beat up Barnum, our fat, friendly cat. This guy really takes a beating, but still comes back for more.
Interactions with Space
- She has been practicing pointing. She uses her whole hand, but clearly is working to express a desire through motion.
Interactions with Life
- We had our first bout of illness this week! A stuffy nose and a little cough from drainage. Nothing too serious, but still confusing to a baby! Difficult nights were the main consequence. She was still incredibly active during the day, but during the first night of sickness she needed to be nursed the whole night. Maybe babies know what will make them better?
To see the rational and purpose for the Watch Her Grow series, please check out this post!